A Huge Southern Style Breakfast

Posted by JMom | Monday, November 08, 2010 | , , | 2 comments »

We had one of those meals that you just can't stop talking about yesterday. Yesterday, I had what I call the leftover brunch which means cleaning out the refrigerator of leftovers and eating them for brunch or throw them out.

southern breakfast

This plate has sausage, liver pudding, eggs over easy, and rice topped with sausage gravy. Yummy, right? Also on the plate are sliced tomatoes (the last from our garden) and some leftover greens. Yes! The greens were really delicious with breakfast. Some people thought we were weird for having them with breakfast.

What put this breakfast over the top for my husband is the sausage gravy. I don't make gravy all the time so when I do, he just about looses his mind from happiness :)

Click here if you'd like to learn HOW TO MAKE SAUSAGE GRAVY.



Visit our other blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

2 comments

  1. stephen // 11/10/2010 1:32 AM  

    over loaded breakfast. .I love the egg, sausage and rice etc. This was such a hit:)

  2. Kristin // 11/20/2010 1:21 PM  

    I LOVE these kinds of breakfasts. Yummm. But then I want to take a nap. LOL

    Following from FFF!

    Kristin :)
    Keenly Kristin

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e