Adobo Fried Rice or The Leftover Fried Rice

Posted by JMom | Wednesday, November 03, 2010 | , | 0 comments »

Adobo Fried Rice

Fried Rice is what we make when leftovers are starting to pile up in the refrigerator. For our weekend brunch, it's common for me to make fried rice out of whatever leftover is still in the refrigerator. See, I end up accomplishing two things at the same time. I recycle leftovers while cooking a good weekend brunch for my family and I clean out the refrigerator of leftovers, readying it for another week!

This version (photo above) is made of leftover pork adobo. I had less than a cup of meat, not enough for five people, and I didn't want to simply toss it out. The gravy was so flavorful, it would have been a shame to throw it out! So I used the small amount of meat and gravy left to flavor some leftover rice by making the fried rice above. I threw in some peas for color and you'd never know it was made of unwanted bits and pieces!

If you need a recipe, try out this one for Leftover Fried Rice.

Visit our other blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e