Buttermilk Pork Chop

Posted by JMom | Thursday, August 13, 2009 | | 1 comments »

Pork Chops

It's almost ridiculous how easy and delicious these pork chops are. I can't believe I hadn't done this before!

Well from now on, I am keeping buttermilk on my regular list. Before, whenever I fried some pork chops, I simply seasoned them with salt & pepper, floured them and fried them. Sometimes, when I get really good cuts of pork chops, they come out really good. But other times, when I get a tougher cut, they come out tough and dry. It's like a box of chocolates, ya know? You never know what you're going to get :)

Anyway, when you briefly marinade your chops in buttermilk before breading them and frying, something magical happens in the process and you end up with moist pork chops with a to-die-for, crunchy coating. I've tried it with different cuts of pork chops from different sources, and every time, the result is fantastically the same. If fried pork chops weren't so bad for us, my family would eat this everyday or at least every week. I'm not kidding!

Here's the recipe for buttermilk fried pork chops although you really don't need a recipe.



Visit our other blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

1 comments

  1. ChichaJo // 8/14/2009 4:34 AM  

    Thanks for the tip!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e