Suman

Posted by JMom | Friday, December 12, 2008 | , , | 1 comments »

Suman with Matamis na Bao



This is suman, glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaves, that is consumed as snack and one of the memorable treats from my childhood. I remember my grandmother making this for us during special occasions like birthdays and holidays. Suman is most commonly eaten as a snack and served with something sweet.

My girls and I like to pair it up with a perfectly ripened, sweet mango. I wish I had a better photo, but my daughter had devoured her serving of suman and mango before we could take a good photo.

all gone!

Click here if you want to know how to make suman.



Visit our new blogs:
Amoores.com
Cooked from the Heart - our new food blog
Our New Backyard - garden & photo blog
Found Not Lost - about all the things we 'find' worth talking about

1 comments

  1. Anonymous // 12/13/2008 8:43 PM  

    Hello, I just stumbled into your blog and I think it's great! And I love Suman too! I'll definitely come back here more often! oh and if you have time will you drop by at Foodista ? We are building an online food and cooking encyclopedia ala wikipedia and you can also check out our recipes on the site as well :) Cheers!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e