Balatong: Mung Bean Soup

Posted by JMom | Friday, October 26, 2007 | , , , , | 0 comments »

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This is another dish where there are as many variations as there are regions in the Philippines. From the region that I come from, it is called "balatong". Some prefer it thick some like it soupy. Some like to put different types of vegetables with it. Me, I happen to like mine on the soupy side and I like it best with bittermelon (ampalaya) leaves. I had a couple of bittermelon plants come up in our garden this year, one was scrawny but the other one was lush and full of big pretty leaves. I just had to make this soup to use some of the leaves before the frost beats me to it.

Want to cook mung bean soup?





0 comments

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e