Steamed Garden Vegetables

Posted by JMom | Friday, November 10, 2006 | , | 5 comments »

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is an Easy Friday post. I just made that one up, don't bother looking for a link. We had our first hard frost last week, and now our garden looks like it has just been hit with napalm. Everything is blackened and dead save for a few cold weather herbs. Before the frost came, we scrambled to get what we can out of the garden, not that there was much left. So, what to do with a little bit of this and a little bit of that?

I decided to just steam them all and eat them in their natural glory. These were dressed in soy & lemon dressing but I suppose any type of dressing would do. The Clone of course had to have her ranch dressing.

5 comments

  1. Anonymous // 11/11/2006 8:15 AM  

    Wow, so fresh naman your veggies, straight from your backyard.Sarap naman...

  2. Anonymous // 11/11/2006 12:45 PM  

    Yes I love that idea. Just steam them all together and the dressing sounds fab!

  3. Anonymous // 11/11/2006 8:08 PM  

    hi kayli! diba pinakamasarap yung simple lang ang luto? ok na rin sakin to with a little patis :)

    hi coffeepot! me too, just love simply cooked dishes.

  4. Anonymous // 11/14/2006 8:07 AM  

    You managed to get THAT from your garden? I am so envious...kamote and yardlong beans I haven't eaten in a long time!

  5. Anonymous // 11/14/2006 9:42 AM  

    hi rowena, yeah, our little backyard garden served us well this summer. I'm going to try to get some seeds when I go to California next month so I have seeds for more yardlong beans. The kamote, we just planted sweet potatoes which are readily available here. They didn't know you can eat the leaves! Lucky me :)

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e