Herbed Potato Crab Cake with Basil Aioli

Posted by JMom | Saturday, November 04, 2006 | | 6 comments »

Herbed Potato Crab Cake


Summer time always means lots of fresh basil from the garden. This meal, can be categorized as basil overload! You'd really have to love basil for this meal. Luckily, we all love basil!

Click here for the recipe for this crabcake with potatoes and herbs.

Click here for the recipe for the basil aioli and spaghetti with pesto sauce.


This is my entry for Weekend Herb Blogging which, this week, is back to it's original home in Kalyn's Kitchen.

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // 11/04/2006 1:17 PM  

    Yum. Sounds delicious. The basil aoili sounds wonderful. I've never made crab cakes, partly because crab is so expensive here. I do like them a lot in restaurants, so I'm guessing I'd like this a lot.

  2. Anonymous // 11/04/2006 6:39 PM  

    OMG that looks absolutely divine ate. I love crab and I love the look of your recipe! Lovely!

  3. Anonymous // 11/06/2006 1:47 AM  

    Great idea for aioli! I always buy too much basil...lucky you for having them in your garden! :)

  4. Anonymous // 11/06/2006 9:08 AM  

    J, Cooks great! Who would have thought of putting potatoes into crabcakes? I'll bet the combination was great with the basil. P

  5. Anonymous // 11/06/2006 7:47 PM  

    That looks so good. The pic is awesome.

  6. Anonymous // 11/08/2006 9:54 AM  

    Hi Kalyn, here too, crab is a bit high. I buy the canned ones at Costco for $13/lb. I think it's Phillips brand. I like making crabcakes at home better. I can control how much fillers go in. I hate going to a restaurant to order crabcakes and you get something that is mostly stuffing with hardly any crabs in it.

    Hi Chas, thanks! I love crab and any kind of seafood. This is my concession when I can't get the real crabs that are still kicking :)

    Hi Joey, yes, I just love being able to grow my own basil. Now I have basil dried, and frozen for the winter!

    Hi Pookah, thanks! I love those yukon golds right now, and I only had two left when I was making these so I decided to throw them in instead of bread crumbs.

    Hi coffeepot, thank you :)

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e