Simply Fried Pork Cubes

Posted by JMom | Wednesday, October 18, 2006 | | 8 comments »

Fried Pork CubesWhat can be simpler than frying up some meat for dinner? This is one of those dishes that just kind of evolves simply because you have ran out of time and hungry kids are banging on the table for food (I'm exaggerating). I was going to make a slow simmered stew with these cubes, but between the slicing and dicing of all the veggies and spices required for the stew, I knew that would be out of the question. So as a quick and easy solution, I simply salt and peppered the pork cubes and fried them up in hot oil until they were nicely browned. Just so they won't look so pitiful, I sliced up some green onions and threw them in the skillet just before taking the meat out. Stirred through, they were ready to serve.

These were dipped in a mixture of soy, vinegar and pepper flakes. Or if you are not the dipping kind like my husband, just drizzle the sauce over the meat.

8 comments

  1. Anonymous // 10/18/2006 8:03 PM  

    heheheh, ganyan din me minsan. biglang tinatamad! Like last night, I was going to make spaghetti puttanesca but when time for cooking came, bigla me tinamad. So I just put all the seafoods and added japanese radish, carrots and bamboo shoots in a pot then cooked them with soysauce, cooking wine, sweet cooking wine and water. Hindi pa matrabaho. turned out ok, pero sabi ni hubby medyo maalat daw.

    type ko rin yang pinirito mo. I'll probably make a spicy and hot dip for it.

    enjoy the week!

  2. Anonymous // 10/19/2006 12:04 AM  

    Pork in any way is good for me ;)

  3. Anonymous // 10/19/2006 9:20 AM  

    hi cha, of course yung aking dipping sauce nito ay definitely hot and spicy :) I love one-pot meals. Ang galing nung ginawa mo!

  4. Anonymous // 10/20/2006 5:12 AM  

    Again, these are the kind of meals that take me back home. No fuss, simple, and tasty.

    RYC: I wanted so much to do a Black Oaxacan Mole like the recipe here, but I'll have to wait until I can get my hands on some chiles!

  5. Anonymous // 10/20/2006 11:23 AM  

    Hi joey! ah, you a porker too? :)

    Hi rowena! sometimes that's all I have time for is the no fuss and simple meals. I love that mole recipe! Thanks for sharing :) I'll have to go hunt down some ingredients too. Luckily we have several mexican tiendas popping up around town, so I think it will be no problemo.

  6. Anonymous // 10/20/2006 11:30 AM  

    Hi joey! so you're a porker too, eh? :) I love pork in any form too! I'll take it over chicken anyday. Bless my cholesterol ;)

    Hi rowena! that's all I can manage sometimes, the no fuss and simple recipes **sigh**
    Thanks for the mole recipe. I'll have to hunt down some of the ingredients too, but luckily several mexican tiendas have been popping up around town so I think I will have no problemo finding them :)

  7. Anonymous // 10/24/2006 8:41 AM  

    i can eat this any day :). i'm such a porker.

  8. Anonymous // 10/24/2006 10:19 AM  

    lol! dexie we have to start a porker club :)

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e