Cookbook Meme

Posted by JMom | Sunday, August 14, 2005 | 2 comments »

Before my summer vacation, I was tagged by the Baby Rambutan, Stel, for this meme. So here it is finally, a bit late.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1. Total number of cookbooks I own: 40-50 Not including magazines

2. Last cookbook I bought: The latest cookbook I own, I did not buy but a birthday gift from Jade, who truly knows what pleases me the most.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com


3. Last food/cookbook read: Still reading...Monet's Cookery Notebooks by Claire Joyes. Blending Monet's biography, artwork, and cooking; what could be a better combination?

4. 5 cookbooks that mean a lot to me:
Fanny Farmer Cookbook by Marion Cunningham - the first cookbook I ever purchased for me, and has been my bible ever since.
Let's Cook with Nora by Nora Daza - a gift from a very good friend who is great at Filipino cooking.
Lutuing Pilipino (katutubo at Makabago) ni Aling Charing - Another gift from another friend who also knew I needed a lot of help in Filipino cooking :-)
Old North State Cooking - a gift from my Mother-in-Law, to help me cook the North Carolina way.
Great Dishes of the World by Robert Carrier - probably the oldest book I own, found at a rummage sale.

5. 5 other people whom you'd like to see fill in this tag...
I think this tag has found the end of the line. I think most of the food bloggers on my links have been tagged already. If there are any readers out there who haven't been tagged, please feel free to continue on.

2 comments

  1. Unknown // 8/16/2005 7:11 PM  

    thanks for tagging along mommYJ! we have a lot of books in common...

  2. JMom // 8/19/2005 12:01 PM  

    Anything for you, Stel :-) O I noticed that too when I read your book list. I wish I could get my hands on more Filipino cookbooks. The two that I have are classics, but not many pictures. I'm a visual person eh. I just love cookbooks with plenty of photos. That's why that Donna Hay book is becoming a fast favorite. Jade and I were just looking through it last weekend. Thanks again!

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e