Shumai

Posted by JMom | Sunday, October 03, 2004 | , , | 2 comments »

I was reading TingAlings post on siomai recently, and although it is our favorite dimsum item have never really tried making it before, so here is our first attempt at making it. Of course, I also turned to the Radical Chef for ideas, hers always turn out so pretty. Ours turned out pretty well (I had a lot of help), although I just improvised on the ingredients since I didn't have everything on hand. Here is our version:



Wonton wrappers
1/2 pound of ground pork
1 clove minced ginger
3 stalks of green onion, chopped finely
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 egg, beaten

Mix everything until thoroughly blended. Stuff about a teaspoon of the mixture in each wonton wrapper and steam for 15-20 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon/soy dipping sauce.

2 comments

  1. ting-aling // 10/03/2004 5:08 PM  

    Hey JMom, your version or my version..whatever, they turned out good..you just have to have an interest in culinary exploration I guess..I'm trying to experiment on Cuapao..another dimsum item..just haven't found the right material for dough yet. Any suggestions?

  2. JMom // 10/03/2004 7:48 PM  

    Hi TingAling, I don't know what Cuapao is. What is that? Is that the same as siopao? I tried making siopao before too, and the dough came out pretty good. I wasn't too happy with the filling though. I guess I'll have to try it again and experiment with the filling.

ss_blog_claim=02daf6afd7df9760eca81610469cb81e